The Corofin Tourism & Traders Association was set up in Feb 2012 with a view to promoting Corofin as a viable tourist destination. The group which has over 40 members is comprised of local businesses, the accommodation sector, management of the main local attractions, as well as representation from local community groups and interested individuals.
So far our group has made a number of significant advances in the promotion of Corofin including a revamp of the website, signage and production of a visitor brochure. Working together we have access to a great number of overseas contacts, as well as the resources and expertise to competently deliver a fun packed weekend. We have recently established a subcommittee to specifically organise this Gathering event.
Domestic and overseas visitors including members of the Corofin diasporas:
- Our twin village Tonquedec committee in France
- Father Ted fans worldwide with the proximity of Father Ted’s House
- Walking & cycling groups here and abroad
- Angler associations domestic and overseas
- Title holders and contenders for the World Stone Throwing Championship event